January 27, 2010 Steve Jobs introduced the tablet iPad. Apple decided to recall which way this device went and what impact it had on our world.
- January 27: Apple unveils iPad.
- November 19: Oprah Winfrey calls the iPad “the best invention of the century” in one of the sections of the last season of her talk show.
- December 9: iPad becomes TIME Gadget of the Year.
- January 6: Rapper P. Diddy goes on a superyacht with an iPad.
- March 2: Apple presents the iPad 2 with a 10-hour battery and two cameras.
- March 25th: iPad hits the Guinness Book of Records as the fastest-selling device in history.
- April 18: Gorillaz releases The Fall album, which was fully recorded on the iPad of band founder Damon Albarn during the tour.
- May 9: Queen Elizabeth II ordered an iPad after seeing the device from Prince Harry and Prince William.
- June: Alaska Airlines was the first airline to receive permission to replace on-board documentation for pilots with an iPad.
- August: The first team from the NFL Tampa Bay Bakkanirs refused to use paper and switched to iPad 2 to draw a diagram of the game.
- December 13: The US Federal Aviation Administration approved the use of the iPad in the cockpit during all phases of flight.
- January 19: Apple changes the way students readbooks with iBooks 2 for iPad and unveils new iTunes U app for iPad.
- March 7: Apple unveils new iPad with Retina display.
- April 12th: Paper application for sketching on iPad received 1.5 million downloads in 2 weeks.
- October 23: Apple introduced the 4th generation iPad and iPad mini, which is easy to hold in one hand.
- December 12: Pope Benedict XVI blesses Web users via Twitter using the iPad.
- January 18th: The New Yorker talks about the world’s first cover, painted on an iPad by Jorge Colombo.
- May 12: Astronaut Christopher Headfield took an iPad with him to the ISS and performed David Bowie’s song “Space Oddity”.
- May 14th: Square introduces Square Stand, an iPad cash register.
- October 22: Apple introduces the thinner and lighter iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina display.
- January 7th: Over 500,000 apps created specifically for the iPad are available on the App Store.
- March 27: Microsoft unveils Office suite of applications for iPad.
- October 16: Apple unveils iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3.
- November 4: CNN reporters hide their iPads behind Microsoft’s Surface tablets on live election day.
- February 6: A pilot and his wife crash-land an airplane using an iPad after a power failure.
- September 9th: Apple unveils iPad Pro with a 12.9-inch display and iPad mini 4.
- January 21: Microsoft released an Office application update for the iPad Pro with Apple Pencil support.
- February 16: Illustrators take the iPad Pro with them to cover the New York Fashion Week, changing the look of fashionable designs.
- March: Major League Baseball (MLB) equips iPad Pro 12.9 coaches.
- March 21: Apple unveils iPad Pro with a 9.7-inch display.
- May 3: Marc Jacobs paints a sketch of Bett Midler’s dress for Met Gala on the iPad Pro.
- February 9: Tate opens an exhibition of iconic iPad artist David Hockney with his most famous works.
- March 21: Apple unveils a new iPad with a 9.7-inch Retina display at an affordable price of $ 329.
- April 12: NHL launches iPad Pro so that real-time coaches can change their game strategy.
- June 5: Apple launches the iPad Pro in two models: 10.5 and 12.9 inches.
- March 27: Apple introduces the 6th generation iPad.
- May: Russian architects Vasily Krivoshein and Elena Motorina designed the stadium in Kaliningrad for the 2018 World Cup using the iPad Pro and Apple Pencil.
- May 17th: Everyone Can Code’s iPad curriculum is fully accessible to students with visual and hearing impairments.
- October 30: Introduced the new iPad Pro with an 11-inch and 12.9-inch Liquid Retina display.
- March 8: artist Sonya Borisova designed the Russian App Store by March 8 on the iPad Pro.
- March 18: Apple launches iPad mini 5 and iPad Air (2019).
- September 10: Apple unveils a new version of the most popular iPad (7th generation).
- November 4: Adobe Photoshop available for iPad.
- September 25th: More than 450 million iPads have been sold since 2010.