According to rumors, Apple will release four new iPhones in the fall, including one 5.4-inch model, two 6.1-inch models and one 6.7-inch model. Japanese Mac Otakara blog has suggested some details regarding these upcoming devices. It is reported that information comes from sources in the Apple supply chain in China.
From the resource report, you can highlight a number of key details:
- The 6.7-inch model will have a thickness of about 7.4 mm, that is, it will become 10% thinner than the iPhone 11 Pro Max with its 8.1 mm;
- all four new iPhone models will have OLED displays and support Face ID technology;
- the height of the 5.4-inch model will be between the iPhone SE and iPhone 8; at the same time, the height of at least one of the 6.1-inch iPhone models will be between the iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro;
- The 6.7-inch model will be just above the iPhone 11 Pro Max;
- The 5.4-inch and the younger 6.1-inch models will have a dual rear camera identical to the iPhone 11;
- The 6.7-inch model will have a rear camera with three lenses and larger sensors than the iPhone 11 Pro Max;
- The 5.4-inch, 6.7-inch and at least one 6.1-inch models will have a different number of microphone holes along the bottom.
According to a report by analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, specializing in Apple products, the new family of iPhone smartphones will be presented in September, as usual. Recall that in addition to the four smartphones mentioned, Apple, according to rumors, is also preparing a fifth model with a 4.7-inch LCD screen, which will become the heir to the iPhone SE and will be presented earlier than the rest.