On February 3, a decree of the Government of the Russian Federation “On Amending the Federal Rules for Using the Airspace of the Russian Federation” entered into force.
Previously, for UAV flights it was required to obtain permission from municipal authorities and permits to use airspace. If the flight zone of the drone took place in the zone of municipalities, it was required to obtain a local regime, if restrictions on temporary detention facilities acted in this zone, then the temporary regime.
The new version of the Rules allows not to receive permission to use the airspace (Clause 6) under the following conditions:
- weight of the drone is less than 30 kg;
- flight takes place during daylight hours;
- flight altitude not more than 150 meters from the earth or water surface;
- the flight takes place outside the control zones of civil aviation aerodromes, areas of aerodromes (heliports) of state and experimental aviation, restricted areas, restricted flight zones, special zones, airspace over venues for public events, official sporting events, as well as security events held in accordance with Federal Law “On State Protection”;
- and at a distance of not less than 5 km from the control points of aerodromes and landing sites.
That is, the need to get the local regime and submit a flight plan to the dispatch services to get this local regime is canceled (Clause 9). However, if your flight takes place in the zone of airports or other zones of flight restrictions (see paragraphs 52-1 of the Rules), you will have to receive a temporary regime of TUE.
What other changes for BVS flights are documented?
The concept of “unmanned aerial vehicle” (UAV) is officially abolished (clause 2 a). Instead, the concept of unmanned aircraft should be used. Its definition is not in the new version of the document, but it is precisely it that appears in the text.
The same paragraph clarifies the concept of “visual flight of an aircraft”.
In paragraph 4, the terms UAV are replaced by BVS and, as in the previous edition, it is said. that permits from local governments for flights of up to 250 grams are not required. In all other cases, they are needed.